3.03.2016

The Splendid Sampler ~ Focal Point & Simple Simon



Happy Thursday!
Today I am happy to share the latest two blocks in The Splendid Sampler Sew Along.
This block feels like Spring to me and I am ready for Spring : )

The block is called "Focal Point" and is designed by Natalia Bonner.
Head on over to the Splendid Sampler for the pattern.


I used one of my favorite fabrics for this block.  The text print is from Kumiko Fujita and has been out of print for years.


Fabrics from Left to Right:
Yellow Text Print ~ Designed by Kumiko Fujita (out of print)
Aqua Dot ~ Moda Essential Dots Teal on white


Simple Simon is a lovely block designed by Celine Perkins.
She has a fabulous tutorial on her blog with tips for making this block.

Fabrics used:
Pink /red print ~ Lori Holt for Riley Blake "Vintage Happy", Yellow floral ~ Older print from Connecting Threads "Hope Chest", Yellow Sewing Machine text print ~ Suzuko Koseki (superbuzzy.com has a good selection of her prints)



I have been playing around on Adobe Illustrator and came up with this plan for the quilt!
It will be adjusted for 100 blocks, but I wanted to share it smaller so you could see the detail.

Happy Sewing
xo
Charise

5 comments:

  1. Looking great. I am also trying to come up with a plan for sashing my Splendid Sampler. Right now I'm leaning towards a setting like what I saw on The Persimon dreams for the City Sampler by Tula Pink. I'm blogging about this roller coaster ride too at Grannycanquilt.wordpress.com. Id love it if you dropped by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great plan, Charise! Our quilts will be giant when we assemble the tops! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great plan, Charise! Our quilts will be giant when we assemble the tops! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charis, as always your blocks are stunning. I chickened out and machine appliquéd my flowers. I love the idea that you have for your quilt. It will be gorgeous. I am hoping that I can keep up some, but not sure I will be able to make all 100!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the layout looks so good and may I say i love the simple simon block, going to try and work out what size to cut the squares to make a 12" block as think I will be needing to make a few of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!