1.03.2016

Welcome Fanny ~ Farmer's Wife 1930s Quilt Along


Happy New Year to you!
Today it is my stop on the Farmer's Wife 1930s Quilt Along hosted by Kerry at VeryKerryBerry.

I have fallen a bit behind in making blocks due to the Holidays and time spent with family and friends. 
And, some Holiday Gift Sewing that was lots of fun.  I'm pleased I made time for it this year!


One of the things I like best about this quilt along is the pace - nice and slow : )
I'm still on track to have enough blocks to make a nice sized quilt at the end of the Sew Along.


This week I am sharing the block "Fanny".  This is another straight forward block to make.
I am using the sewing method ~ Foundation Paper Piecing, which lends itself well to fussy cutting. 


For this block I combined both new and vintage fabrics.
The Pink Floral and White Ground Floral are some "new to me" vintage prints I found at Mary's Funky Finds on Instagram. They work so well with the "Kerchief Girl" print!

Happy Sewing
xo
Charise







5 comments:

  1. I love the square-within-a-square effect of the fabrics! Lovely prints

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blocks - especially the 'Kerchief Girl' surrounded with those beautiful patches of fabrics. Also - belated Happy New Year Charise :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pattern placement of the itty bitty bumble bees is just divine, Kerry! I love your block!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!