7.21.2013

Grandmother's Flower Paper Pieced Pattern and a little Sunday Stash



Hope you have been enjoying the summer.  It has been beautiful here in Seattle!
I've been sewing - lots!  Currently working on the 2nd challenge in the Sew Mama Sew - "Super Online Sewing Match."
Today I stitched my Grandmother's Flower pattern.  I developed this pattern as a paper piecing alternative to the grandmother's flower hexagon flower.  It is nice to have a way to make a hexagon flower without hand stitching.  I love the way it turned out in the yellow/pink version!
 
[Left to Right: three on left-Diamond Patch by Clothworks, Daiwaboo Berries on Red, Daiwaboo Berries on Mint, Daiwaboo Flower Baskets, Lecien Luggage 80] 
 
On another note, I received these lovely fabrics from Beca at Sew Me A Song.  Love, love, love them all and can't wait to cut in to them!!!
 
xo
Charise

2 comments:

  1. Your flower is beautiful...love it and those fabrics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got your pattern. It is so cute. Looks like fun to play with. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!